Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cupcakes Baked in Nut Cups

I have been seeing so many cupcakes baked in the nut cups and wanted to try it. I also tried a new cake mix recipe.



First off...some opinions on using nut cups.
  • "How do you get it off?"
  • "Get the scissors out!"
  • "Next time, just use the normal ones."

Well there ya go! For my family, I will just use the regular cupcake liners. I probably won't use the nut cups again unless someone really wants them.

Next was the cupcake itself. I used a recipe that was supposed to be durable for 3-D cakes or sculpting. In my opinion, it was great for the cupcakes, but I don't think I would dare use it for a cake or sculpting. It was very soft and airy. Loved it for the cupcakes though! the batter is very thick. Very little crumbling. This is the instructions for the cake:

(Recipe from heartsfire on Cake Central)

1 Devils Food Chocolate Cake mix (I used chocolate fudge)

4 eggs

1/2 cup water

1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix (I used Devils Food flavor)

1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease and flour pans

On low speed, begin incorporating all ingredients together.

Once combined, give a very good stir with a spatula making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl. Turn mixer to medium speed and blend well for approximately 2 minutes.

The batter will be very thick but don't worry, this is normal.

Spoon equal amounts into pans and use spatula to even out the batter.

Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on oven. Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean and top should spring back when pressed.

Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto cooling racks.

Decorated as desired.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Actually eating some the next day they were pretty easy to open. I just had to pull apart the little sections until it was open and pulled it out. The boys ate the rest last night. I was hoping to eat one after lunch. Yum! Your recipe was a huge hit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

-Sharing and Caring - Cake Decorating and Sugar Art Tutorials Headline Animator

You are all awesome!!

Rhonda's Custom Sweets and Treats's Fan Box