Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Carlee was pretty grouchy before we went over to the church, but once she got there, she was fine. As the play started, she was singing her Faa-la-la-la-laaa's a little early!!
This was our Ward version of the Grinch and these were some of the singing trees.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and spread mixture into a small baking dish (8"X8" dish).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese are bubbling and melted.
- Serve with chips or bread.
I bought some of those skinny baguettes, sliced them, butter them and then toasted them on a frying pan. They were sooooo good that way!!!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Carlee was enjoying her food!!
Kaitlyn didn't mind getting stuck at the kids table!!
Wow! Collin ate most of his food!!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Now on to Thanksgiving!!
My daughter Kami and I made these for her Activity Day girls and to send to Ryan!
Yes...make sure you give thanks and appreciation to everyone around you, family, great friends, the gospel, our jobs, our homes and belongings, our health!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Chicken Fricassee with Chive Dumplings
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 ~ pound chicken, cut up (I used thighs, since that was all I had)
Shortening or vegetable oil
1 cup water
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Chive Dumplings (recipe below)
- Mix 1 cup flour, the salt, paprika and pepper. Coat chicken with the flour mixture. Heat thin layer of oil in a 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook chicken until brown on all sides. Drain fat from skillet: reserve. Add water to chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken; keep warm. Drain liquid from skillet; reserve. Heat 3 tablespoons reserved fat in skillet. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Add enough milk to the reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour into skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Return chicken to gravy.
- Prepare Chive Dumplings; drop by spoonfuls onto hot chicken. Cook uncovered 10 minutes; cover and cook for 20 minutes longer.
3 tablespoons shortening
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons snipped chives
3/4 cup milk
- Cut shortening into flour, baking powder and salt with pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk and chives. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot meat or vegetables in boiling stew. Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Makes 10 dumplings
Recipe says that it serves 8 and is around 460 calories!! This is a "once you start eating, ya can't stop" meal!! It is Oooooh So Yum!!!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
This is just some food pics that I haven't posted.
Not a big deal, but fun and delicious!!
Homemade pizza night!!
Turkey Cutlets a la Me!!
Plain turkey cutlets that I smothered in a concoction of olive oil, parsley, finely chopped onions, tarragon, McCormick Garlic Pepper Seasoning Grinder.
Sausage Potato Stir fry served in an acorn squash ring.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I think I'll use this picture for my profile pic on MySpace next year!!
I'm going to eat you!!
We were trying to look scary, but....
At the high school Trunk or Treat.
Now on to Grandma Brewer's!!!