Since May of this year, my eating habits have been horrendous! I just eat whatever I get my hands on. There has been no rhyme or reason to my meal planning. I would get up, eat a bowl of oatmeal, an hour later eat whatever sugar is in the house, lunchtime was chips and salsa, and then I had no energy to fix dinner so I would just piece on anything that was easy to do...a can of soup or just a sandwich. Then I would eat a bowl of cereal before I went to bed. And during all this time, my big butt would be sitting at the computer all day!! No exercise...at all!
Then the holidays come around. Sheesh! Did any of you get any goodies from me?!! The cookies I made, the two batches of caramels!! No!! Because Joe and I ate them!! Well not all the caramels. Most of them went to Kami's when we partied. The pictures on here are me at Thanksgiving, stuffing my face with pie!! And the other one is me on Christmas morning! Look at that behind...and belly..oh those big arms!!! Oh heck!
Well...I am tired of doing this to myself!! So here is my game plan!
1. Drink my juice. I have been doing this faithfully every day. It has helped so much in the way I feel!! It has given me the energy that I need so now I feel like I can do the things I need to do!
2. Drink at least 8~10 glasses of water a day.
3. EXERCISE!!! I HAVE to move my bootie for an hour everyday!! Maybe not so much on Sundays though. hee hee!
4. I joined SparkPeople! It's free and there is so much information on there for ANY health problem and living a healthy lifestyle. Lots of good recipes too! It has so many different teams on there to join with members that are very supportive! I have joined and arthritis team, an LDS team, a 50 and older with 50 lbs. or more to lose, a New You Boot Camp (and I've done the requirements every day since it started!). Anyway, you get the idea! I put a link on the right so you can check it out! If you join, let me know! I'm cakebaker05 on there if you need to look my up!
5. Get rid of all the sugar in my house! HUH? That's a little impossible!!! I do cakes! Well...I don't eat that kind of stuff. It's the cookies and M & M's and candy of any kind! It's all gone!! Now if I do want to have anything like that, I have to work for it. I will have to exercise and work off the amount of calories that was in whatever I ate. This is above any other exercise I have planned for the day.
6. Stop sitting at the computer so much!!! So if you don't see me in my usual places that much any more, you know why!!
7. Get myself and my house organized!! My mind and my house is too danged cluttered and I need to clean them both out! And try to stop the procrastination!! I just can't help it! Procrastination is my middle name! It's like I was born with it!
Here is a healthy recipe that I found on SparkPeople. When I first saw it, I though how weird! But it was really good and is great for a light supper! Oh and I added some chopped celery and a couple of shakes of onion and garlic powder and a dash of pepper.
Tuna Tomato Sandwich
2 medium thick slices of tomato
2 oz. tuna in water (I used albacore tuna)
1/2 tbsp. light mayo
1 teas. mustard
Mix tuna, mayo, and mustard in a small bowl. Spoon mixture onto sliced tomato and top with the other slice of tomato. Either grill with a George Forman, your outdoor grill, or spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray and grill on the stove.
Makes 1 serving.