Sunday, June 15, 2008

Grandma Brewer's Birthday Cake

This is a cake that I did for Grandma Brewer. She is Tina's mom. I love her just like she is my own family!! i made her a carrot cake with cream cheese icing. It was good, but the cake was too crumbly!! Maybe I put too much pineapple in it!

I'll share my cream cheese icing because I really liked how it worked for this cake. It worked great for decorating, crusted well and tasted good!



1/2 cup shortening

1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter at room temperature

1 8 oz. bar cream cheese at room temperature

1 tablespoon white vanilla extract (I used mexican vanilla)

1 lbs. sifted powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt (I like to use popcorn salt)



Cream together shortening, butter and cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add vanilla into the mixture and combine. Sift sugar and salt together and add slowly to shortening, butter and cream cheese mixture. Make sure that all sugar is incorporated.


If too stiff, gradually add some milk to make the perfect consistency!

1 comment:

AMI said...

just wanted to say how inspiring your blog is, the cakes are amazing! I'm baking later purely to try out your hazel choc icing!

Your cakes are beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

-Sharing and Caring - Cake Decorating and Sugar Art Tutorials Headline Animator

You are all awesome!!

Rhonda's Custom Sweets and Treats's Fan Box