Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cake in a Mug

My sister Jody sent this recipe to me in an email. I thought it was interesting and I have never heard of it before, even though it's all over the internet!! I can't find who the original recipe owner is so if anyone know, please let me know!!

Here's how it goes:


A RECIPE EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW


The Most Dangerous Cake Recipe



5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your microwave safe mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
You are going to print this out straight away, aren't you!!



I thought this would be so fun to do with the kids!

Here's Collin stirring his.

Carlee had her own made with the egg replacer. I was curious to see if they would come out the same!

Here it is rising in the microwave.

It sank right before we took it out!

It came out of the mug easily. To me the cake was really heavy, dense, tough, but the flavor was good. don't know if it was stirred too long from some little helpers! Next time I may try and add something else to make it a little lighter. Notice there is no baking powder or soda in the recipe!! Hum! Anyone have any suggestions? I know my cake buddies will know!

Carlee enjoyed to ice cream very much!! She wouldn't even touch the cake. Maybe she though it looked weird!

This is Collin's face of approval. Can you tell what he thought of it!! He ate most of it!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

That looks like so much fun! I'll have to try that sometime soon :)

When you said "egg replacer" did you mean a commercial egg substitute or applesauce or something? Just curious because my little sister used to be seriously allergic to eggs (among other things). Did the 2 cakes come out the same?

Rhonda Christensen said...

Haley...I use ENER-G Egg Replace. Carlee can't have any egg at all, not even egg substitutes. Did your sister outgrow her egg allergies? We hope Carlee does someday!!

Both cake did come out about the same!!

Rosi said...

I also tried my recipe and I would say more sugar is needed. My amounts are greater but still my sugar is 1tbs more than the flour and it is much better. Another thing, I leave them in for 3 minutes on high. I hope I helped with my tips. For more information feel free to visit my blog : http://rosislawa.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

-Sharing and Caring - Cake Decorating and Sugar Art Tutorials Headline Animator

You are all awesome!!

Rhonda's Custom Sweets and Treats's Fan Box